Saturday, July 26, 2008

Quilt Show


I enjoyed a wonderful day with my mother-in-law at the International Quilt Festival in Long Beach.


It was fun to see all the different ways people define quilting. There were some quilts that were on display that weren't even quilted, much less pieced. Traditional style quilts were in the minority, but the ones that were there were spectactular with their fine hand quilting and wonderful use of color.

Shopping...oh yes, lots of shopping! I showed much restraint and didn't buy a stitch of fabric. I made only two purchases. One was an open-toe foot for my sewing machine so I can do machine applique and the other was a video and toothbrush needle from Aunt Philly's. What does one do with a toothbrush needle, you ask. She makes rag rugs, of course. They look like this...

I'm thankful for this day of fun and shopping and for the opportunity to appreciate the talents and perspectives of others.

What r u thankful 4?

No comments: