Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Internet


Don't you just love the Internet? Where else can you find the price of a TV, a recipe for dinner, book a flight, find a quilt pattern and check out the weather? I'm amazed on a daily basis that we have all these resources at our fingertips.

I'm even more amazed when I learn that family members and friends don't spend nearly as much time as I do surfing it's glorious pages. What's wrong with them?! I guess that they don't they realize that they too could escape and lose hours to its magnetic pull. Or perhaps they do and they just have more discipline. More likely the case.

I'm still thankful for this wonderful tool. A few days ago I had a computer death scare. My computer wouldn't start up. I tried 6 or 7 times and Windows just wouldn't start. I almost went into shock at the thought of not having access to the Internet until the new computer was purchased, unpacked and booted up. It was enough to give a girl palpitations.

But...wait...it was just a scare - a false alarm. My computer wouldn't boot up because I had left a thumb drive in the usb port and it was confused about where to get it's start up information. Once I removed the thumb drive, it started up just fine. Visions of a new computer fled from my brain. I was flooded with relief. I can't afford a new computer. What was I thinking?

Not only was I relieved about not buying a new computer I didn't have to waited an unnecessarily long time to get back to the Internet. Whew! That was a close call. I knew I could make it, but it wouldn't have been pretty.

Am I thankful for the Internet? You bet I am.

What r u thankful 4?

No comments: