Sunday, October 5, 2014

Sifting Through Quilt Books

In preparation for a scrap club that I'll be leading next year, I have been pouring over several quilt books that focus on scrap quilts. I believe I have narrowed my selection down to the following:

Cut the Scraps!
by Joan Ford

Scraps Plus One!
by Joan Ford 

The Big Book of Nickel Quilts
by Pat Speth with Charlene Thode

Amazing Nickel Quits
by Pat Speth

I'm looking for books that show actual scrappy quilts not just quilts with a lot of coordinating fabric. It would be good if the books used "standard" size units like those that Bonnie Hunter uses in her Scrap User System (since I've already been cutting those sizes for years). A variety of sizes would be nice, but isn't critical. Some education about color, value, tint and how to put things together would also be welcome.

The book I'm looking for will be the text and basis for a club that will meet monthly for the sole purpose of using one's stash. I think it will be fun and I can't wait to stitch up some scrappy quilts. I think I've narrowed down my options to a final choice. But I still have a little more research to do.


No comments: