Saturday, October 4, 2014

A Yummy Pork Roast Recipe

I love it when I nab a great deal at the grocery store, especially when that great deal happens to be on meat. I scored a 4 pound pork loin last weekend for around nine bucks. Awesome! Now...what to do with it. Pinterest to the rescue.


I found this great looking - I mean the picture is delicious - recipe from a site called Six Sisters' Stuff. It's called Slow Cooker Honey Balsamic Pork Roast. Not only was the picture delicious, the actual roast was pretty yummy too.

I've steered away from slow cooker recipes because the meat sometimes seems so dry. And yes, this was a tad on the dry side too. But, the gravy you make with the sauce takes care of that quite nicely. Add some oven roasted potatoes and sauteed green beans with onions and we are good to go.

The best part...I got to play the day away while dinner was making itself (well, mostly).

Have a happy Saturday!

No comments: