Sunday, March 1, 2009



I'm thankful for...
  1. My husband...for more reasons than I can say.
  2. My kids who keep me humble and learning. They are smart, healthy, fun and a blessing in so many ways. I can't imagine my life without them.
  3. Freesias from my yard - red and fragrant on my kitchen counter.
And so begins my exercise of being thankful for 28 days. I'm currently digesting a booked called The Joy of Appreciative Living.

One of the exercises is to create a Daily Appreciation List. What better place to do that than a blog about being thankful. I need to remember that there are no right answers and no correct order. I'm not being graded.

This is my list - unique to me. I'm not out to impress anyone. I'm just doing what the book tells me to do. Part of the fun/challenge of this exercise will be the idea of not having duplicates. It ought to be a good experience.

We have habitual ways of seeing the world, and we are culturally conditioned to pay attention to what's wrong and broken. It takes regular practice to shift this perspective and begin noticing what's right, and doing this simple exercise is an incredibly powerful way to make that happen.
The Joy of Appreciative Living by Jacqueline Kelm


No comments: