Monday, October 20, 2008

Starry Nights



At least I think that's the name of this quilt -



Since I started this quilt about 6 or 7 years ago, I'm not really sure. I can remember the class I took through my local guild to get this started. It was with Sharyn Craig, who was an excellent, no-nonense teacher.

It took a long time to get this quilt finished because I took a quilting hiatus of sorts - not so much on purpose, but quite by accident. I just sort of let quilting fade into the background of my life to the extent that I just forgot about it, except for the times I lamented that I didn't have time to get to it. A cunundrum to be sure. At the beginning to the year I determined to make (not find) the time to pursue one of things I enjoy most. And this quilt is the result of that effort.

No one I showed it to really liked it or thought it was all that attractive, except for one of my daughter's friends. She complimented me on the colors and thought it was pretty. This was great news since I had no idea what I was going to do with it once it was finished. I surely couldn't display a quilt in my home that everyone in the family thought disgusting. It became apparent who the recipient would be. And I dont' think it's a coincidence that I finished it in her birthday month.

I'm thankful for time to quilt. What r u thankful 4?

1 comment:

G. Lee said...

I think your quilt it beautiful. I don't know what you are talking about! I love the star pattern.