Friday, February 1, 2019

On My Design Wall


This is Moda Love.

I just couldn't help myself. As soon as I heard about the Moda Love Sew-Along I was hooked. I even started encouraging all my co-workers and students at the quilt shop to join me. I was so transfixed that I thought I could get this "quick quilt" done in a single evening.

It's done, as in done being laid out. It only took me about an hour and a half to cut and sew the individual squares (I'm loving my new Bloc-Loc rulers). It was the placement of those squares that took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r. By then I was tired. I just love looking at the picture though. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse, but I'm enjoying the stretch. I've got my eyes open for  just the right border. I think I've found it. More on that later. 

Tomorrow is the weekend. My goal is to get this baby sewn together by Sunday night. 

No comments: