Saturday, February 16, 2013

Hand-Me-Down Batik Beauty


I dug this baby out of the closet. It was in a trunkload of stuff I received from a fellow quilter who was cleaning out her sewing room. I was happy to take these "leftovers" off her hands. When I say trunkload I mean that back of her car was packed full of garbage bags full of stuff. This was just one of the UFOs that was there.

At the quilt shop where I work one of the teachers teaches this quilt. She calls it Batik Beauty. I've overheard her say tons of times that squaring up the blocks is key to getting this quilt together, so I spent some time and squared up all 120 blocks. Now...this is going to become my new Leaders and Enders project for the next month or so. I'm hoping to get this together by the end of April. We'll see.

No comments: