Friday, January 23, 2009

Simple Things



I supposed I'm not quite as prolific a blogger as I should/could be. It's been a few weeks and I have no good reason for not posting. Life has not been any busier than normal.

On this rainy morning in So Cal I decided to listen to make some cranberry muffins, do some ironing and listen to a sermon online.

Here are the muffins -




The sermon was from my church, First Baptist Lakewood. It was the sermon that was preached last week by a guest speaker.

The focus was on Entitlement. That's a timely topic in these tough economic times. But it was even more timely for me since I've been feeling pretty entitled lately. I've had no qualms about my daily trips for convenience food to places like Starbucks, It's a Grind, Dairy Barn, 7-11...you get the idea. Just the term convenience store reeks of entitlement.It's so easy to fall into the habit of indulging "just this once." (I think this could be a contributing factor to my upward weight creep - but I digress.)

Life seems hectic and crazy and the words, "I deserve," inch their way slowing into my thinking until I can justify just about anything I want. Not good. This sermon was a reminder that all I have is a gift and the most precious gift that has been given to me is salvation. I don't deserve it. I didn't earn it. I was simple chosen to receive it. As much as I'd like to understand all the theology in that statement, it just seems to allude me. But, by faith, I believe it. And I'm thankful for it.

I'm also thankful for this rainy morning when I can make muffins, do some ironing and enjoy the quiet of my home.

What r u thankful 4?

No comments: