Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Back Porch



Sometimes it's just nice to sit in the yard and enjoy the flora and fauna. It's amazing how easy it is to take for granted the fact that I have a little plot of land where I can do just about anything I want.



My husband and I both enjoy sitting on the back porch and watching the hummers come for a little snack. They are fun to watch as their tiny wings flutter at super-speed. They hover and fight off other hummingbirds who want some of their juice. I hear that hummingbirds are territorial. If the birds in our yard are any indicator, this is true and they don't like to share...at all. Their squeaky chirps ward off the competition and make it known whose feeder this is. This is some pretty good entertainment. Live and free. Who could ask for more?!

What r u thankful 4?

No comments: