Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Thankful, Naturally



Being a positive person doesn't come naturally to me. I tend to automatically focus on the things in life that don't measure up. Here's how Merriam Webster defines automatic -

largely or wholly involuntary; especially : reflex 5 b: acting or done spontaneously or unconsciously c: done or produced as if by machine : mechanical

That's me...spontaneously, unconsciously, involuntarily focusing on the most minute of imperfections - like a dang machine. While this might be my natural inclination, I don't have to settle for this characteristic.

I have control over my mind and I can make the choice to change my focus. For now it requires concentration and conscious effort. It may even take a quiet internal conversation with myself to get the right perspective, but it can be done. I can choose to accentuate the positive and appreciate the beauty, blessings and bounty of my life.

And someday maybe my automatic response will be celebrating the good, the right, the positive in life...automatically, naturally!

What r u thankful 4?

No comments: